Monday, May 26, 2014

Beautiful, Beachfront Candidasa

Okay, I got a little sidetracked with life and consequently forgot to finish my Bali blog posts! But I've remembered now, so all is right again. Candidasa. How can I describe you? Let me just say this- it is a happy, happy place. And so peaceful. It's where I go in my mind when the world starts to get too loud. It's nothing short of a paradise.

After we left our lovely hotel in Ubud, we ventured out to the eastern coast of the island, where Candidasa is located. We checked into our lovely, beachfront hotel (Rama Candidasa) and spent the evening relaxing by the pool. The hotel had a range of free activities and that day, there was a Balinese local demonstrating the art of drawing on palm leaves. It is a lot trickier than it looks! The man teaching the class was really nice and had truly amazing talent. We bought several souvenirs from him.




Like I said, the hotel in which we stayed was nothing short of amazing. Beautiful pool, beautiful beachfront views, delicious cocktails and great food.










Because we really didn't have much time in Bali, the only activity we really did in Candidasa was visit Padangbai, a gorgeous, secluded white-sand beach. Bali is not really famous for its beaches, as many of them are really rocky or have dark sand due to the volcanoes on the island, but we managed to find this small gem. We had a fantastic time spending time in the sun and swimming in the Indian ocean. We befriended one of the local shop owners, Oka, and he was very friendly and kept the Bintangs (Bali beer) coming. I also got a massage on the beach! It was probably the most relaxed I've ever felt. The seafood that we got for lunch at Oka's restaurant was also fantastic. It was the kind of day that you put in your pocket and save for a rainy one.








The next day we had to leave gorgeous Bali. Bali, with its beautiful sunsets, beautiful scenery and beautiful people. Nowhere in the world have I met nicer people than the Balinese, who smile so gracefully and kindly and are extraordinary helpful. We left Bali with heavy suitcases and feather-light hearts. I left inspired, my mind bubbly with the reminder that the world can be beautiful. I hope that one day, I am fortunate enough to visit this gorgeous island again. Bali, you will always, always have a special place in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment